It has been an exciting few weeks since the opening of the FUTURELIFE® concept store at Oceans Mall, and the response from customers has been nothing short of remarkable. According to Mark Bunn, Managing Director of FUTURELIFE®, the official launch event generated positive feedback from influencers, media, and esteemed guests, setting the tone, he believes, for the store’s future success. “The foot traffic and customer engagement since the launch have been really promising exceeding all our expectations,” he says.
The Smart Café, a prominent feature of the concept store, is an instant hit among visitors. FUTURELIFE® smoothies, in particular, have emerged as the top sellers, attracting customers who stop by after a quick shopping trip at the neighbouring Checkers. The popularity of these smoothies can be attributed to the unbeatable combination of great taste and nutritional goodness they offer. Moreover, customers are delighted to find that the pricing of FUTURELIFE® smoothies is nearly half the price of some of its competitors, making them an affordable and irresistible choice.
Bunn believes that the success of the Smart Cafe goes beyond the quality and accessibility of the products. He states, “We wanted to create a space where customers could experience the true essence of FUTURELIFE®, not just through our quality products but also through an inviting atmosphere and affordable pricing. And, the overwhelming response we have received from our customers validates our vision.”
To get everyone in the country excited about the celebration and to give South Africans a peek of what’s coming to other provinces, FUTURELIFE® is sharing its best-selling smoothie recipe so that consumers can make it at home and enjoy the same deliciousness as those at the FUTURELIFE® Smart Café in Kwa-Zulu Natal.
BERRY BOOST SMOOTHIE (350 ML)
- 100g mixed frozen berries
- 100g banana
- 50g double cream yoghurt
- 50g FUTURELIFE® original Smartfood Strawberry
- 200ml water
- Handful of ice
1. Gather all the ingredients and make sure the berries are frozen. This will give your smoothie a nice chilled consistency.
2. Peel the ripe banana and break it into smaller chunks. This will make it easier to blend.
3. Place the frozen mixed berries, banana chunks, yoghurt and FUTURELIFE® original Smartfood Strawberry into a blender.
4. Blend the ingredients on high speed until smooth and well combined. If you prefer a thicker consistency, you can add less water or more frozen berries.
5. If desired, add a handful of ice cubes to the blender to make the smoothie colder and more refreshing. Blend again until the ice is crushed and incorporated into the mixture.
6. Once you achieve a smooth and creamy texture, stop blending and pour the smoothie into a glass and serve immediately. You can garnish it with fresh berries or a mint leaf for an extra pop of freshness and colour.
In addition to the Smart Café, the first-of-its-kind store aims to revolutionise the health and wellness retail experience by offering unparalleled access to FUTURELIFE® products, co-branded Adidas fitness apparel, and a range of innovative dietetic services designed to promote healthy living. Visit the new FUTURELIFE® store at Oceans Mall (opposite the Checkers) today!