Eco Diva Natural, a leader in eco-conscious and vegan skincare, has unveiled their winter beauty trends for 2023. According to the company, this season’s trends are all about natural ingredients, superfoods, functional makeup and plant-powered vitamin serums. “The world is looking for products that are not only good for their skin but also good for the environment,” says Nicole Sherwin, founder of Eco Diva Natural. “We’re excited to offer a range of products that not only meet those needs, but goes above and beyond in their functionality of clean, kind and ethical.”
As the weather gets colder, our skin needs extra TLC. Here are the top winter skincare trends for 2023 that will keep your skin looking radiant all season long!
- Superfoods and natural ingredients: more and more people are becoming conscious of what they put on their skin, as well as what they eat. This trend is here to stay, with an emphasis on using superfoods and natural ingredients that are good for both you and the environment.
- Functional skincare products: People are looking for more than just a trend in their beauty and skincare products. They are looking for more holistic products that are healthier for their skin, with long lasting solutions that effectively target and balance skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, pigmentation, acne, rosacea and dehydration. F
- CBD: CBD has a proven anti-inflammatory effect on sebocytes, the skin cells that produce sebum. CBD is becoming popular because it helps reduce inflammation. As an anti-inflammatory, CBD helps reduce swelling, pain, and redness from existing breakouts, or irritation from skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
- Vegan beauty products: another massively growing trend in the beauty industry is veganism. More and more companies are offering vegan-friendly options, free of animal-derived ingredients (such as beeswax or bovine collagen).
- Eco-conscious packaging: along with being vegan-friendly, many brands are also now using eco-conscious packaging made from sustainable materials such as bamboo, glass or recycled plastic.
- Vitamin C + serums: Still on the trending list, this multitasking ingredient does it all – especially when it is derived from plant-based active ingredients. It brightens skin, tightens skin, boosts collagen production, and protects against environmental damage. No wonder it’s still one of the most popular skincare trends this winter!
- Functional Makeup Cover Balms: Gone are the days where foundation makeup was enough to just cover. It’s now important for the makeup to offer more functions like nutrients and vitamins that feed skin as well as sun protection in one. Beauty enthusiasts are looking to have a natural flawless complexion with a breathable foundation that won’t clog pores.
- Ingestibles. Assisting your skin (and general health) from the inside out, superfood ingestible with added plant-based proteins and prebiotics / probiotics are climbing the popularity chart in integrative health care for skin. Taking care of our skin from the point of view of our gut, plays a very important role in the health of our skin as well as our longevity.
With these winter skincare trends, you can enjoy healthy and beautiful skin all season long!
For more information, visit www.ecodiva.co.za or visit the Eco Diva Emporium: Suite 602 Sea Point Medical Centre, 11 Kloof Road, Sea Point. Cape Town.