This one pot wonder is a real find! Only one pan to wash up and a delicious family friendly meal to enjoy.
For the main dish you will need:
- 8chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 teaspoons (10l) Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1½ cups (375ml) water
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) Ina Paarman’s Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 x 400g Ina Paarman’s Roast Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 150g spaghetti, broken into thirds
For the breadcrumb topping you will need:
- 1 slice of bread
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- olive oil
- Season the thighs all over with Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
- Heat the oil and brown chicken, skin side first.
- Remove the chicken from the heat to a plate.
- Add the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning to the pan.
- Stir-fry until onions are beginning to brown, then add garlic and stir-fry briefly.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add water and Chicken Stock Powder to pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the Pasta Sauce (shake out the bottle with ¼ cup (60ml) of water) and add spaghetti. Stir to mix.
- Place the chicken in the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes on top of the stove.
- Place pan in the oven covered with a lid or baking paper. Bake for 40 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix the topping ingredients (except the olive oil) together in a food processor.
- Remove baking paper or lid. Turn oven up to 200°C.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb topping over the chicken and drizzle over a little olive oil.
- Brown in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve with a salad.