A birthday cake variation for a teenage birthday or celebration. Decorate with a gold and silver theme.
For the cupcakes you will need:
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ¾ cup (180ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250ml) full cream milk, lukewarm
- 1 x 600g Ina Paarman’s Vanilla Cake Mix
- 24 small paper cups (silver or gold colour)
For the icing you will need:
- 1 x 250g Ina Paarman’s Vanilla Icing Kit
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup (80ml) water
- gold or silver edible shimmer dust
- gold or silver helium balloons
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line two muffin pans with paper cups.
- Mix cake according to package instructions.
- Divide cake mixture between paper cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and leave to cool completely.
- Prepare icing according to package instructions.
- Spread tops of cooled cupcakes with half of the prepared icing.
- Pipe a rosette with the remaining icing, on top of each cupcake using the icing package and nozzle provided.
- Dip a smallish brush into the edible shimmer and flick the dust over the cupcakes (best to work on newspaper away from a draft).
- Arrange the cupcakes on a tiered stand, add candles and balloons.